The Central Penn Business Group on Health provides education on emerging trends and issues in healthcare by hosting three seminars annually. Central Penn Business Group on Health members attend these events at a reduced member rate. To view current events click here.
- The February Legal/Legislative Update – a conference designed to provide key stakeholders with the latest information on legislative proposals, regulatory pronouncements and key judicial decisions that impact employers. This seminar is led by an attorney specializing in healthcare policy.
- The May Health Summit – this annual conference focuses on current issues of employer sponsored healthcare. Regional and national thought leaders present leading-edge ideas and concepts on such topics as value based healthcare benefit design, quality hospital healthcare delivery, the economy and its impact on employer provided healthcare, and employer wellness initiatives.
- The September Healthcare Forecast – this conference focuses on emerging trends in healthcare, including state and national policy initiatives and typically includes panel discussions with key stakeholders – insurers, providers, government officials and community leaders.
In 2006, the Central Penn Business Group on Health, with its partner, The Lancaster Pharmacists for Improved Health Outcomes (LPiHO), launched ActRx, a chronic disease, patient self- management program. Phase I of the program has focused on Diabetes and the program has demonstrated significant improvement in the health and well being of the employee participants and healthcare cost savings to the employers that are participating. Click here for more information on ActRx.
Policies and Benefits Survey
In cooperation with The Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Central Penn Business Group on Health conducts a Policy and Benefits Survey every two years. The survey asks the County employers about the healthcare benefits they offer, including employee contributions, strategies to contain costs and their views on healthcare issues. The results provide a benchmark for County employers to assist them in evaluating the competitiveness and appropriateness of their benefit package. An executive summary of the survey is available to the Central Penn Business Group on Health members at no cost and is on the Central Penn Business Group website in the Members Only section.
The Central Penn Business Group on Health is an affiliate of The Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Industry and has worked with The Chamber on numerous healthcare issues to foster a positive business climate. With The Chamber, the Central Penn Business Group on Health works to keep our members informed of legislative issues that impact employers that provide healthcare benefits to their employees. And, with The Chamber, the Central Penn Business Group on Health maintains active communication with elected officials at the local, state and national level on healthcare issues that impact our members and the broader business community. These efforts help ensure that the collective voice of our members is heard.
The Central Penn Business Group on Health belongs to various organizations which offer benefits to our members.
- National Business Coalition on Health (NBCH) – a national non-profit, membership organization of employer-based health care coalitions representing more than 10,000 employers and nearly 34 million employees and their dependents. NBCH offers many benefits and services to members, from leading-edge evaluation tools to its weekly updates on healthcare issues and legislative initiatives and preferred products and services.
With an emphasis on exchange of best practices and employer experiences, the Central Penn Business Group on Health provides valuable networking opportunities to its members.
- Central Penn Business Group on Health eNewsletter – quarterly, “news you can use” is sent via email to our members.
- Central Penn Business Group on Health Board of Directors/Committees – many of our members participate on our volunteer board or one of our subcommittees which provide members with valuable networking opportunities – planning educational opportunities, sharing information and best practices and gaining access to other decision makers in the healthcare arena.