Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 159th day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions thus far on Monday, August 1.
Get the newest updates right here.
- The primary ship carrying Ukrainian grain departed the port metropolis of Odesa for Lebanon, in line with Turkey’s defence ministry.
- A press release from the United Nations stated the Sierra Leone-flagged cargo ship, Razoni, was carrying greater than 26,000 tonnes of corn.
- Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Senkevych stated greater than 12 missile strikes, in all probability probably the most highly effective on the town in 5 months of the conflict, hit properties and colleges, with two folks confirmed killed and three wounded.
- Grain tycoon Oleksiy Vadatursky, founder and proprietor of agriculture firm Nibulon, and his spouse had been killed of their dwelling, Mykolaiv Governor Vitaliy Kim stated on Telegram.
- In Russian-occupied Sevastopol, 5 Russian navy employees members had been wounded in an explosion after a presumed drone flew into the courtyard of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet, the Crimean port metropolis’s governor, Mikhail Razvozhayev, advised Russian media.
- The Sevastopol assault coincided with Russia’s Navy Day, which President Vladimir Putin marked by asserting that the navy would obtain what he referred to as “formidable” hypersonic Zircon cruise missiles within the coming months.
- The southern Ukrainian metropolis of Nikopol additionally got here below heavy assault, the governor of Dnipropetrovsk, Valentyn Reznichenko, wrote on Telegram.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy referred to as for the evacuation from the jap Donetsk area.
- The UK says Russia continued to aim tactical assaults on the Bakhmut axis in jap Ukraine over the past 4 days, however managed solely to make sluggish progress.
- Zelenskyy stated Ukraine’s harvest could possibly be half its ordinary measurement this yr as a result of Russian invasion.
- The UK says overseas corporations holding property within the nation should establish their true house owners in an official register as a part of a crackdown on Russian oligarchs and corrupt elites laundering illicit wealth.